2008年4月9日 星期三

Dave Weiner

Steve Vai的現場第二吉他手;年紀輕輕就在Steve Vai的 Band.....實在是很恐怖!!

1. How did you get into Steve Vai's band?
After college, I moved out to LA to go to GIT. The day I got to LA I went to the school to look around. I saw a job board on the wall and thought to myself that it would be a good idea to get some kind of job to start to network with people in the industry. I found an ad that basically stated:
"...intern needed for general office work.. make your own hours... fax your resume to #####..."
That was it. very vague. No names or anything. So I put a resume together and faxed it. That night I received a call at like 11 pm. It was Ruta Sepetys. The name sounded familiar to me but I couldn't place it. Then she started telling me about herself and her clients and mentioned Steve Vai and it clicked.. I had seen her name in Vai's credits.

So, I started working for Ruta in her office and continued there while I was at GIT. Every once in a while she would send me over to Steve's house or office to take him some papers or something. He was always cool but every time I met him, he'd call me a different name. Eventually he got to know me and during one of our conversations, I mentioned to him that I was going to be recording a demo for a few friends in the recording program at MI. He said he'd like to hear it when it was done. I finished the demo and gave it to him and didn't hear any remarks on it at all.

2 weeks later, I was working at Ruta's. It was a Friday. The phone rang. Ruta picked it up and it was Steve. She started looking at me and smiling and had this weird look on her face. She hung up the phone and said "..Steve's going to ask you to join his band.... expect an email." I was like.. yeah whatever. I get home and check my mail and it said something like ".. Dave I really liked your playing. Would you like to go on tour? Show up at the studio on Monday with your guitar and learn these 14 songs."

Of course I was blown away; in total shock that on Monday I would be going to start my professional career as a musician in rehearsals with Steve Vai instead of going to classes.

沒有留言: